Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Ode to the Chocolat Cookie

Tasty siren calling to my heart and soul
Peeking peaks of rich dark gooey chocolat
Melting in a warm brown confection of delight
I place a piece on my tongue and press it to the roof
Of my mouth
I do not chew it, but let it dissolve
Enjoying the sweet sugars, buttery flavors, and
Slight bite of the semi-sweet chocolat
I take my time and each piece is its own reward
Satisfying like
A summer night at the ball game
The giggles of your child at the sight of a caterpillar
The smile in the eyes of your lover
And then the last piece
Not lamented because it’s gone
But celebrated because it was there at all
Those moments added to a life well spent
Ah, so much in the conviction of a confection

3 comments:

Jo Janoski said...

Does this mean I can eat all I want?

Anonymous said...

Awwwww...now I want one. Do you have any leftovers? Kudos. Who else could write an Ode to a Cookie?

Bubba said...

Now that you've practiced the form, on to more pressing matters: "Ode to a Guinness"

Ha! Love this...

a fan