Saturday, January 12, 2008

Screaming in the night again

note: sorry for the language, but ...

Each cell screams out in pain
Madness sits just behind my tearing eyes
She came to me again last night
Dancing on the white moonlight
In gossamer clothes
Her hair was soft and long
Framing her face in shadows
Her smile invited me to join her
But her eyes were not blue like a Carolina sky
They were steel gray and hard
Tearing into my broken soul
When I reached for her she was gone
Faster than an instant
I stood gazing over the precipice into black
Nothing
Geez, he thought, as he put the book, Rushing Into Madness, aside
That guy is fucked up
Why would anyone read this shit

4 comments:

Word Catalyst Magazine said...

Jeez Harry, I'm not sure if this is a good dream, a nightmare or a book review! Something to think about for sure.

Bubba said...

Easy, big fella... there'll be plenty of feed when we get to Fort Dodge. Ignore the man behind the curtain...

Jo Janoski said...

Love the twist, but in my dream, I would have been the lousy guy who wrote the book. lol.

Dan said...

Harry, like the twist at the end. You had me at the edge..and then I find out it's only a book; "Dang writers!"