Saturday, December 15, 2007

Sand and Tide

Early morning soft sea breeze smiles over the salt marshes
I taste it
You’re still wrapped in the sheet, asleep
On your side pointing to the north
Like some present still hidden beneath conscientiousness
Shallow slumber breaths
That last light dream before awakening
I feel your warmth
The sky is just beginning to lighten
From the darkness of night
I hear the waves gently kissing the sand
As sounds start to drift into the open window
The whine of another day
That large machinery is not yet in gear
There is still time
Somewhere outside someone is calling a name
I see your eyes flutter awake
Not yet aware of what’s outside of your last thoughts
Good mornings are yet to come

3 comments:

Bubba said...

Harry the Romantic... sorta has a ring to it, doesn't it? I knew he was in there somewhere, trying to find transportation to the forefront. I also suspect he wasn't riding his Harley. *snicker*

Very nice piece, Harry... all the elements are there for greatness.

Word Catalyst Magazine said...

I wish you many 'good mornings'. This is very sensitive and feeling. And yes, very romantic images. Hey, isn't that Bob in the picture up there...well I'll be...Great write Harry!

terrymcdermott said...

Great poem, I need to get back in the swing of reading and writing again.