Tuesday, December 4, 2007

White Light

I open my eyes, the sky thick with stars
Light started on its way before there was
The rain had stopped at sunset
The history of our fire is just glowing embers
I’m warm and dry for the first time in days
Shaking off the last of deep sleep and dreams
I walk towards the stream for fresh water
Coffee would be nice
I feel a breeze behind me
The sounds from far away drifting among the trees
Light so bright it makes the space between my cells
Translucent
White light, not the yellow-red light of our sun
But the bright white from a growing exploding giant
Brilliant
There is no dark matter existing among the molecules
I have become totally engulfed joining what was me
Into what is it
The light is through me, in me, and from me
All at the same moment
Time is gone and meaningless
There is no distinction between
There is no definition, just
And then it’s gone
I’m not sure if it lasted a second or days
I look at my hands
I look at the line draw from the stream to the trees
Bend and cup my hands and take a deep drink
From the cool waters
The light from the stars are fading as the sky lightens
For day

3 comments:

Bubba said...

It sounds to me like you've captured the essence of cosmic 'being'... that lingering afterglow after a flash of brilliance so strong that it is difficult to behold. Yet, you've managed... so take heart and enjoy your new status as a creature of infinite possibility, unbridled by convention and capable of anything.

Jo Janoski said...

Now I remember why I love camping, that stepping away from our busy world and stepping into another. Oh yes, and let's not forget that coffee brewed over a campfire. I'm not sure which is better--the spiritual experience or the hot coffee outdoors!

Word Catalyst Magazine said...

Harry,
This is very complex and moving. It sounds like an out-of-body experience! Not many of us get to become one with the light. You already have a most inspiring light of your own. And you're lucky...I had an out-of-body experience once and can't get back in!