Friday, February 1, 2008

Short Forms

Short forms
Quiet storms
Slowly building
Furrows tilling
Mounding sounds
Love abounds
Listing sideways
Two-lane byways
Give and take
Too hard to fake
Open forms provide me with my voice and breath
However, that doesn’t mean I don’t hear the patterns
Of other lilting songs swilling abundantly around
Like the songs of the majestic forest tall trees
They resonate in and excite my synapses
Just standing on the floor of this cathedral, in awe
And being the better person for having this experience
Thanks to all who have let me walk down these pathways
And hear this marvelous music

3 comments:

Word Catalyst Magazine said...

Thanks for sharing your own magical music with us!

Bubba said...

I liked your 'compare and contrast' utilization of both long and short 'forms' of expression. In my opinion, they're both effective in this case. Nice, Harry...

Dan said...

This is excellent, Harry. You prove that you are capable of and can appreciate short rhyming verse, but find your voice in longer nonconforming lines! Beauty is always in the eye of the beholder, or sometimes the 'contest judge'. Well done!